Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rape and role reversal

donations to BSB No. 732766 Account No.378766
Many years ago to make a point we enacted a roll reversal so I as a man could understand how a woman felt being raped. Rules were devised and I was to reject the advances of this wonderful woman. She was to grab at me and with all the verosity she could muster and I was to resist the advances with all my strength. remember this was with a girl whom I loved and respected. She grabbed and clawed and I fought off the attack after about twenty minutes I felt I was being abused and violated. The more I fought off the attack the more powerful she became and the attack became more voracious. The signal was given and the attack was stopped then it happened the guilt and shame and all these other emotions came over me. These feelings lasted for days and nearly destroyed the relationship. We talked about the results and I had the same feelings as this woman did when she got raped, she also felt the power of the aggressor and the power of control.
The end result is that men can be raped and women can feel the power the same as a man.
This experiment was enacted many years ago and the feelings still remain with me to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment